It has been confirmed how Microsoft is being sued for using Live Tiles interface in Windows 8. It was in Windows Phone 7 that for the first time Live Tiles were used. It was later seen in Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8.
It has been claimed by SurfCast, an operating system developer, that Microsoft has copied its design. It was in the year 2004 that the animated tiles or blocks were patented, but Microsoft infringed on its design.
"A Tile is different from an icon because it can be both selectable and live - containing refreshed content that provides a real-time or near-real-time view of the underlying information", said the company, which has challenged Microsoft in court for the same.
The company has made it intentions pretty much clear that Microsoft would have to pay the damages to them. This is not for the first time that such cases have come forward but it would be worth seeing how Microsoft would defend the changed levied.
This sector has always been in controversy for such cases and now this case has certainly raised the relevance of patent infringement issue, which of lately has got considerable importance.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez