For a long time, it was being suspected that Microsoft has been planning to come up with Office Mobile, but was remaining quiet on the topic. However, it has now broken its silence and its Czech Republic subsidiary has announced that the Office Mobile application will be available for Android and iOS users from March 2013.
It shall be noted the application will first be available for iOS users and then for Android users, who will be able to try the application somewhere in May. Sources, known to the matter have revealed that the application will be cost free during initial days.
In order to have an access to Office Mobile, one would need a Microsoft account, which will further help them to have an access of the application. Some of the applications that will be supported by the application are Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Moreover, editing facilities will also be available in the application. In order to get more functionality, one has to buy Office 365 service, a subscription of Microsoft.
When asked from Microsoft, it said, "Office will work across Windows Phone, iOS and Android". Experts have affirmed that the new application is yet another way of Microsoft's way to expand its working and move to get better in its business.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns