Recently released data by research firm NPD Group points out at the dramatic fall in the retail sales of video games for the month of October, which accounted for a 25% fall. This has been the 11th month that the company, Hardware, has experienced a major decline.
However, the industry faced the largest decline ever during the previous year at the same period; the drop accounted for 37%. However, NPD Group analyst Liam Callahan believes that the industry will overcome the problems. Moreover, there are indications which suggest of increasing progressive development as the company moves into the important holiday season.
Callahan said, "While we saw declines in hardware unit sales across all platforms year-over-year, when looking at average sales per week versus September, several consoles realized higher sales".
On the other hand, Xbox 360 was declared to have grabbed the top position once again following the sale of the console accounting for 277,000 units during the previous month. However, there was no mention regarding the number of units sold monthly of Sony and Nintendo.
Further, previous month NBA 2K13 was declared to be the best-selling retail game. Although, Capcom thriller Resident Evil 6 was criticized, it bagged the second position.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone