Surely, it was a good news for Novartis that it has been able to have positive result of its phase III clinical study of immune system drug known as Certican. The news was worth getting happy, as it has been found that the Swiss pharmaceutical company was trying to get everything right for last two years.
In addition, it has been said that the project is considered to be the biggest project that has been taken out by the company with regard to liver transplant. It has been found that the drug is quite effective in improving renal function among patients.
The data about the same was revealed at the meeting of American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), which is in its 63rd year. The drug, which has already received approval from European health authorities, is likely to get approval from the US health regulators Food and Drug Administration by the end of 2012.
"These results showed that treatment with Certican with reduced tacrolimus led to a clinically relevant retention of renal function compared to standard tacrolimus, with no compromise in rejection", said John Fung, who is positioned as director at Transplantation Center. It is expected that the drug is able to provide benefit to adults suffering from liver problem.
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone