Nesquik in the Philippine is Safe, Says Health Chief


Nesquik in the Philippine is Safe, Says Health Chief

The Philippine FDA Chief, Kenneth Hartigan has informed, on Thursday, that Nesquik in the Philippines is completely safe and people should be aware about the same, he said. The report finds that he has been asking to stop alarming people about the local product.

The product was actually being doubted to be contaminated with salmonella virus. Since, some other Nesquik products have been suspected for the same and Nestle USA has recalled some of these. But, Go was quoted as saying, "It is not the same product voluntarily recalled by Nesquik in the United States. That is a different product, completely different from the one we have here".

The recall includes 10.9-, 21.8- and 40.7-ounce canisters, which had been produced early October. And Nestle says that the recall of the chocolate drink product was being made amid the recall by Omaya Inc., its ingredient supplier, of ingredients calcium carbonate.

However, Go says that the chocolate drink products from the US, which are found contaminated, are in metal canisters. Whereas, the ones made in the Philippine are in plastic containers. Nesquik chocolate powder was tested after the news of recall by local health authorities, who found that the product was salmonella-free.


Latest News

Deutsche Bank Q3 Loss may be a Record One in a Decade
Volkswagen Scandal Worries the City of Wolfsburg
Strong Component Sale and Weak Won help Samsung’s Third Quarter Profits
Is the U.S. Shale Oil Boom Heading Towards the Beginning of Its End?
Volkswagen Plans to Launch a Recall in January and Fix the Affected Diesel Cars
BOJ Keep Record Stimulus Unchanged
BP Plc will Pay $20 Billion as Penalties for the Deadly Oil Spill of 2010
Ben Bernanke says Larger Number of Executives Involved in 2008 Financial Crisis
United’s New CEO Oscar Muñoz Aims at Improving relation with Workers
The September Job Number Hint at a Sluggish Patch
First Data Launches its IPO, Targets to Raise Up to $3.7 Billion
ConAgra’s Head Quarter Move Announcement gets Positive but ‘Muted’