For some time now, nurses have been criticized for their cold and compassionless behaviour. A number of patients have complained that nurses should amend their behaviour. But, the latest incident revealed by Labour MP Ann Clwyd has shaken the nation.
The latest assault on nurses was levied by Clwyd, who alleged that nurses did not take care of her husband properly, which led to his death. She explained the treatment that was provided to her husband in the University Hospital of Wales.
She affirmed that her husband Owen Roberts did not get complete care in his final days. He was suffering from pneumonia and needed to remain warm, but he was not provided with warm things to wear. In fact, he was not given proper diet.
She used to enquire her husband's condition, but nurses did not provide her exact replies. She has even addressed the matter in the front of prime minister. She has asked him to take some measures to improve care being provided to patients in hospitals.
Janet Davies, the director of nursing at the Royal College of Nursing, also had a word with Clwyd about the same. Davies termed the incident to be quite upsetting.
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone
- Acer unveils its first touchscreen Chromebook – the $300-priced C720P
- Microsoft’s launch-day sales of Xbox One surpass 1 million units