As per a report by the Health and Social Care Information Centre, it has been revealed that obesity rate among children aged between 10 and 11 are on the rise. The analysis unveiled that one in three children in their last stage of primary school are found to be either obese or overweight.
Experts have raised concerns about the same and warned that strict measures will be needed to cure obesity among children. Graham Rowan, who is heading the Obesity Management Association, said it is high time now to act.
If they will not act on time then 80% of obese children are standing at risk of becoming obese adults. Public Health Minister Anna Soubry said, "Being overweight can do serious damage to our health so we must reduce levels in children to give them the best start in life".
Experts affirmed that parents can do a great job, as they are the ones, who have to make sure that their children are consuming healthy food. Moreover, it is their responsibility that nutritious food should be provided to children.
They can also let them indulge in physical workouts, like playing outdoor games with children or going for cycling or running.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits