As per predictions, this winter season is going to witness worst winter vomiting bug outbreak till date. It has been said so as hundreds of hospital wards were forced to get closed, as winter vomiting bug cases are on the rise.
The Health Protection Agency informed that winter vomiting bug outbreak has broken five year record. If to compare cases from last year then it has been found that this year has witnessed 66% more cases in comparison to last year.
Not only hospital wards, but schools are also getting closed. More number of children is getting sick, which has led school authorities to close schools. Recently, it was found that a number of schools in Plymouth to Fife have been closed due to winter vomiting bug.
Dr. Bob Adak, who is the head of gastrointestinal diseases department at the HPA, said, "The norovirus season is always completely unpredictable as it peaks and falls over several months - usually October to April".
He told symptoms of norovirus, which included vomiting, fever, abdominal cramps, headache and diarrhea. It is vital that people should maintain hygiene level and do not visit places, where norovirus outbreak has been announced. Norovirus outbreak easily spreads in closed environments.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns