As per reports, Californians yet again witnessed high tides in low-lying coastal areas. More than a problem, it acted as a source of irritation. Tides, which are said to be the result of astronomical alignment, have caused some damage in the communities.
Experts have affirmed that there are chances that California will witness the highest tides of the year on Friday. It will further help officials to know what will be the scenario of the coastline in the coming time.
According the predictions of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association, it has been said that the highest tides are expected between Wednesday and Friday. But, for now, they have not provided any sort of warning to people living near the area.
The issue has become of great important for a number of websites. They have been asking people to upload pictures of high tides and also of coastal flooding. Local communities call the highest tide to be King Tide, as it is the one of the highest tide of the year that the community has witnessed.
Moreover, `king tides' are caused by natural occurrences, which one say as astronomical alignment. It was in Australia when the term King tide was coined.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone