Though it is been said that the Winter Solstice is the shortest day, it has been found that in reality Saturday, which falls on 22nd December 2012, will be the shortest day. So, be ready to witness an early sunset.
Experts explained that the December solstice occurs when the sun is present at the southern declination and the aspect take place generally on December 21st, but in reality, it is not the shortest day.
There are a number of websites, which have also affirmed that December 22nd will be the shortest day. Some of the sites have even predicted the time of sunrise as well as sun set. According a site, the sun will rise at 7:12 a. m. and will set at 4:15 p. m.
Experts said that after the Winter Solstice, days will start getting longer. In addition, there are a number of sites which have been predicted the time when the sun will set on New Year's Eve. As per them, the sun will set at 4:21 p. m.
For now, it cannot be confirmed that will all these changes will happen in reality or not. It has been said so, as the extension in time of sun setting depends on the Daylight Saving 2013.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone