Spousal violence is proving quite expensive to authorities concerned of Canada. Recently, a study has been taken out by the Justice Canada, which has revealed that spousal violence costs about $7.4 billion to the society.
Thousands of incidents take place, which have severe impact on the society, said the Justice Canada study. In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers assessed the data of spousal violence incidents that took place in 2009.
The study researchers said that they assessed a number of things ranging from economic point of view to personal loss. It was found that approximately 50,000 cases were reported to police, and majority of violence incidents were carried on females.
In order to be sure about the study findings, the study researchers also carried out telephonic surveys and that also lead to a conclusion that a rise has been witnessed in spousal violence incidents.
"Victims of spousal violence are susceptible to sustaining costly and long-lasting physical, emotional and financial consequences. . Every member of society eventually feels the impact of spousal violence", read the report prepared by the Justice Canada.
Though the report has not been published, it was retrieved through the Access to Information Act.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone