Though, all states have been competing with each other over having the SpaceX new launch site. It is being claimed by a recent report that Florida is most likely to win, since it has been known for space history and general funding.
It has been found that whether it is Texas leader or Georgian or a leader in Puerto Rico, all have been seeking to have the commercial spaceport at their location. Most attractive packages are already being put in front by all of them, including Florida.
While Texas pledges $3.2 million, a local economic development council is coming up with an offer of another $3 million. And Florida is being expected to offer some $10 million for the new launch site.
California-based SpaceX, which is named for Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, has past this year turned the first ever company to send a rocket of its own, privately-built, to the International Space Station (ISS).
It has been told that 1,200 pounds of food and supplies were delivered with the help of the same to the ISS. Ashes of over 300 people that included James Doohan as well were also sent to the ISS by a capsule attached to the space rocket. James has played Scotty on the Star Trek series as well as movies, the report finds.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone