A new report claims that it is not only Apple, which has realized flaws in its maps, but Google's maps can also not be guaranteed as flawless. Though, Apple Inc, the biggest tech giant, has allowed the same to enter iOS.
Yes! Apple had though earlier denied from use of the Google maps in its iOS, it has now restored its old relationship with the search giant. It has been giving its users the ability to use the Google maps now. The reason behind the same is that Apple's own maps failed to satisfy customers.
The report says that the company has gone through a lot of problems when it launched its own map, especially in Australia. Tim Cook, who is the CEO for Apple Inc, had even owed an apology in the public for the errors they faced in Apple maps.
It is being said that Google maps are far more trustworthy and informative. However, even Google is till date way back from perfection. It has itself provided a "shake option" in the maps, which can be used to report an error.
"But I've been idiotically misdirected a few times - and the trouble is, you never know in advance. Google's directions still not always perfect", a reporter was quoted as saying.
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK