A new report claims that it is not only Apple, which has realized flaws in its maps, but Google's maps can also not be guaranteed as flawless. Though, Apple Inc, the biggest tech giant, has allowed the same to enter iOS.
Yes! Apple had though earlier denied from use of the Google maps in its iOS, it has now restored its old relationship with the search giant. It has been giving its users the ability to use the Google maps now. The reason behind the same is that Apple's own maps failed to satisfy customers.
The report says that the company has gone through a lot of problems when it launched its own map, especially in Australia. Tim Cook, who is the CEO for Apple Inc, had even owed an apology in the public for the errors they faced in Apple maps.
It is being said that Google maps are far more trustworthy and informative. However, even Google is till date way back from perfection. It has itself provided a "shake option" in the maps, which can be used to report an error.
"But I've been idiotically misdirected a few times - and the trouble is, you never know in advance. Google's directions still not always perfect", a reporter was quoted as saying.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone