It seems that Microsoft has been getting closer to make Xbox as a main piece of attraction in the drawing room. It has been said so, as Microsoft has got a control over R2 Studios, which is a home entertainment and automation startup.
The acquisition means that the company will be having a control over the patents of R2, which might be related to controlling electronic devices. Experts said that a smart move has been taken by Microsoft, as home automation is a growing trend in America.
There are chances that Xbox is developed in such a way that it controls facets of the home. This directly means that efforts are going on to derive much more from a video game console. Utilization at its best can be said if the new Xbox is able to control a number of things in the room, where it has been placed.
It is not a novel thing to be known that R2 studios, which was developed by the creators of the Slingbox was made by focusing on home automation solutions. A number of companies including Apple and Google were trying to have the company, but it was Microsoft with which they have sealed the deal.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits