A number of countries have been encouraged by Australia when it comes to its plain packaging law. But, it is also important to ascertain tricks that will prevent plain packaging of tobacco products.
Australia is currently handling one of the tricks. A Gold Coast company has taken out stickers, which get wrapped around the packet of cigarette and the government can do nothing about the same. The wrap comes with a slogan "It's your box, it's your choice", which a person can place on the pack after purchasing the same.
The Department of Health and Ageing said they could do nothing if people have been placing the stickers after purchasing the pack. But, they have made it clear that if such an act will be undertaken by tobacco companies, then they will be taken to the court.
"Where covers which are sold separately to the cigarette pack and used individually by consumers to cover the health warnings there is not a lot that the Government can do", said the spokeswoman from the Department of Health and Ageing.
The spokeswoman said breach of the Tobacco Advertising Prohibition Act will take place if the slip has any image of tobacco advertisement.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns