In recent news, a youngster who posted something like "Drivin drunk ... classsic ;) but to whoever's vehicle i hit i am sorry. :P" on his facebook is in police custody now.
Police authorities in the area arrested him after they saw his post on the social networking site. He was charged of alcohol fueled hit and run which he admitted in his post. Two of his friends on the site informed the police about the incident.
Jacob Cox-Brown, the guilty of the offence has some 650 friends on Facebook. Police warned that the youngsters should avoid the crimes or they could face serious consequences. In addition, sharing your crime online just to boast about yourself is never a good idea.
A hacker has further helped to reveal some more information from his account which proved beneficial in a rape case. The 18-year-old boy is behind the bars as of now after being taken into custody by the Astoria police.
However, the boy could not be charged of driving under the influence (DUI) as Brad Johnston, the Deputy Chief, said that the post was not enough to provide good evidence. "When you post on Facebook, you have to figure that it is not going to stay private long", warned the department.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits