The South Korean phone maker, Samsung Electronics has made an announcement on Monday, which shows the company's amazing success. It has informed that since the launch of its Galaxy S smartphones in June 2010, the sales of the same have crossed 100 million units as of January 2013.
Some 10 million of the first device were sold in the first seven months of its launch only. However, by now, the figures have reached up to 24 million.
Galaxy S3 smartphones had also recently shown remarkable sales. Within only 100 days of its launch, it was found that some 20 million units were sold out. However, before the same, the smartphone's second iteration was launched in April 2011.
The same had also seen sales of almost 40 million units. Amongst the same, nearly 10 million units were purchased by customers in the initial five months, the report reveals.
Besides, since its launch, the Galaxy S3 smartphone has matched the count of sold out Galaxy S2 handsets. Galaxy S4 device is also being expected to be launched by the company in the month of February this year at the next Mobile World Congress. The company however calls it nothing more than a rumor.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits