An indecent act of The National Rifle Association was seen when a new iPhone application, NRA: Practice Range (iTunes link), was released by MEDL Mobile. This application includes a target practice shooting game for 4-year-old, which was not expected after a horrific tragedy that happened with Sandy Hook in Newtown just a month ago.
It seems that just because of wrong time of the release, a lot has been said about this application. When studied in detail, one realizes that it is one of the least violent shooting game .According to description on iTunes, this new application provides safety, training and education era, which includes gun law information centers and educational material. The Practice range also offers a 3D shooting game that is completely safe . It has correct balance of gaming and safety education.
Ars Technica offered a good perspective on this new game compared to some of the over-the-top articles that jump to heated arguments and controversy.
Gun safety is an important factor in reducing accidental deaths or injuries caused by improper use of firearms and this free application looks to be a helpful resource. It would be worth seeing what more can be done in the same context in the time to come.
- Dell set to introduce its Dell Chromebook 11
- LG announces $349-priced G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally