A statement from Hadassah Women's Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA) and HMO failed to respond to the reasons for former Maccabi Health Services director-general, Prof. Ehud Kokia's sudden decision to resign. Unnamed resources have said that financial problems between Kokia and the HWZOA's leadership lead to his resignation. He resigned after 14 months.
Meetings between HWZOA and Kokia in New York and Jerusalem brought financial disputes. HWZOA said that it would not give more than $19 million annually in "balance grants". It also asked Kokia to look for effective measures to reduce medical organization's NIS 200 million-plus deficit by NIS 100 million. Kokia could not make such arrangements.
Sources have said that Kokia's decision to resign is without any external persuasion. Hadassah veterans said that Kokia was already made aware of the financial crisis in Hadassah. He did not think that the predicament was so serious.
The HWZOA has asked Kokia to not make any comments in this regard. Even the Health Ministry spokeswoman has not said anything in this respect.
HWZOA and HMO have made a joint statement where they have asked for help from the Government. They are looking for a financial recovery.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits