Though, Morgan Stanley has taken many essential steps, much aggressive ones, last year so that it could realize a boost in its profits, a recent report has claimed that its future growth is still uncertain.
The report says that the path towards the same is not clear. The corporation having its headquarters in the Morgan Stanley Building had introduced cuts in jobs up to thousands in count. It had even altered and improved major businesses along with selling costly assets.
Without a doubt, these efforts put in by the company proved beneficial for it and helped it earn some $481 million. This was a big achievement after a $275 million loss in 2011. However, profit was not very less in the year.
But, now its progress is being weighed by investors against the prospects, the report uncovers. It is being said that where the financial corporation could cut costs in many ways, it is facing challenges in terms of its core operations whether these are from internal or external forces.
The Japanese bank Nomura's analyst Glenn Schorr is of the opinion, "They are doing everything they can to boost returns. But given the environment and the state of their franchise, they can only do so much".
- Dell set to introduce its Dell Chromebook 11
- LG announces $349-priced G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally