There have been claims that Avandia diabetes drug is causing high risk of heart attacks and congestive heart failure to the users. And in this regard, around four Lawsuits have been filed in the UK against the producer, GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK).
Avandia was once known as the world's best diabetes pill but now has been surrounded amid several claims.
Daniel Slade is the lawyer involved and he is representing consumers in four lawsuits. In addition, there are 15 more clients in his list of this case. As revealed by him, the potential number of claims against GSK seems to go higher in a short period of time.
He commented during a telephonic interview: "We expect the number of claims to increase as there are potentially thousands of people out there who took Avandia in the U. K. Hopefully these claims will lead to more careful studies and checks on drugs that are widely marketed".
To settle down the claims of marketing Avandia along with other medication in an illegal manner; Glaxo had already paid more than $3 billion to the U. S. federal and state government.
David Daley, a spokesman for Brentford, UK-based Glaxo, while sympathizing with people suffering from health complications related with diabetes said that the company is bound to comment over any such cases.
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone
- Acer unveils its first touchscreen Chromebook – the $300-priced C720P
- Microsoft’s launch-day sales of Xbox One surpass 1 million units