After an early season of flu, there is some relief for the people. Health officials have reported that last week gave positive signs for the number of cases of flu.
The flu season began much earlier than expected. It started from Southeast and then disseminated to various regions. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported that after proper measures number of flu cases have witnessed a dramatic fall.
CDC spokesman Tom Skinner confirmed that the flu season is most likely to come to an end but also added that the flu cannot be easily predicted as has been revealed in the past.
The areas of the US that are highly affected are the West Coast and the Southwest. Doctors have reported that the Georgia and New York have shown much reduced flu activity.
Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest in Allentown had put a tent outside the hospital to deal with the patients suffering from flu. Health officials said that they started with 100 patients per day whereas currently 25 patients per day have been visiting the hospital.
Terry Burger, Director of infection control and prevention for the hospital, said the time to wrap up the activity has come and next week the tent will be long gone.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez