A West Village bakery named Magnolia Bakery reopened at 5:30 pm this Saturday after it was closed down for a day following mouse infestation at the place.
The store was shut down on Friday when it got infested with the mice and the mouse droppings were discovered over the place. A spokesperson for the bakery held the hurricane Sandy responsible for incident. The rodents may have come at the place after many places in the neighborhood got flooded in Sandy.
After the mouse infestation came into notice, the Department of Health (DOH) had to take immediate steps. The bakery was closed down on the Valentine's Day due to which, many tourists in the city and Sex and the City fans had to face sheer disappointment.
As per DOH, the place was found to violate five critical standards which included mouse holes and droppings, following which, they had to close the bakery instantly to avoid any health problems to emerge from the same.
The store has yet opened with limited services; however, the owners are putting in the best efforts to resume complete services at the earliest. "We're doing everything we can in our power to get this store reopened, and hope to get an inspection today, and we'll be baking fresh", said Bobby Lloyd, the Manager at Magnolia.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone