A research recently conducted by The Village Bakery has uncovered a concerning fact that workers in offices are at risk of becoming overweight.
The reason, as per the team, is snacking that people often do at work desk. It has been told that women are at higher risks of the same as compared to their male counterparts.
The team warned that wrong things eaten sitting at desk during lunch result in a habit of getting inclined to unhealthy treats. Since women eat more than men, they increase their risks of gaining weight. Some women admit that they eat more than four snacks a day.
An average woman can gain almost 6lb 3oz with this habit. The report says the same is equivalent to the size of a whole dress. In comparison, men are at risk of putting on some 5lb 2oz weight in a year.
The report has uncovered that a person on an average eats two snacks per day. Also, 30% of people consume three or more snacks in the same period. Amongst the snacks, biscuits are most common with some 42% people getting to the same daily. Chocolate and crisps follow biscuits.
"Not only would a change in the choice of lunch help prevent weight gain and an evening of regret, it could also help improve energy levels", nutritionist Dr. Sarah Brewer suggested.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez