As per the reports, the Annual Coldest Night of the Year walk is going to be held on Saturday February 23. It is reported that the walk will help in raising funds in support of the Kelowna Gospel Mission 30K Club. The Club helps the homeless and needy people with not enough resources to survive cold.
The Local Director for the Kelowna Walk, Jessica Samuels, said that the registrations are opened for every one even at the last minute of the start. She added that it's not late for registration even at the current time as the registrations can be made even at the sight of the event. She added that everyone is ready and excited for the year's walk.
As per the reports the participants can choose from the walk of either 5km or 10km. The way will consist of many stops with the servings of chili and hot chocolate. The opening ceremony for the event will take place at 5:00pm. The event will open at the First United Church located at 721 Bernard Avenue (the corner of Richter).
Kara James, communications manager for Mission Services of London stated that though it is not mandatory that the event takes place at the real coldest night of the year, it's great to watch every one wearing their blue toques and walking together.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez