There have been several books highlighting the importance of women in life and their role towards the betterment of a family and a society on a whole, but recently, a group of 10 women from Foam Lake, Sask., have published a book "For the Men in Our Lives", which has raised about $1.4 million revenue.
Well, the amount has been donated for cancer causes. In reward of this, the team has been applauded with the World Award for Best Charity Cookbook in North America.
Leaving behind some of the high-profile competitors such as Michelle Obama, this book has come out with best of results.
As said by Patti Hack while accepting the award in Paris, France: "We wrote this book dedicated to the men in our lives to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer. Thank you for helping us do that".
According to the information over Brest Friends website, it was in 2004, when the women actually began with this project. They met thousands of women who lost the male members of their family due to cancer and listened to their stories based on their fight against the illness.
As a conclusion, awareness was the only way out they discovered, that could actually help more and more people fight cancer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez