A proposal given by the federal government for human brain has been into debate regarding its scope and the cost factor. This will be a huge project in the history of mankind and would involve huge amount of funds. This new project would involve study of human behavior and other mental diseases.
According to reports, the White House will soon reveal the entire project for mapping human brain. The project would be of the same size as he Human Genome Project of the `90s.
"This is not a project yet. It is more like an idea," says Story Landis, director of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. "The brain is the last great frontier. It's what makes us human, how we think, how we write poetry. And the burden of disease that affects the brain is pretty extraordinary."
There has been many disagreements among neuroscientists as they believe that such kind of project is not required as of now as such a huge project would have its impact on other ongoing projects at this point of time.
Researchers from Rockefeller University said that the cost of this project will be very high and this it is not recommendable right now.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez