As per recent reports, it has been revealed that 10 UC Berkeley professors from different fields will be having lifetime membership in the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
The chosen professors are Frances Hellman, Bin Yu, Alison Gopnik, T. Don Tilley, Jitendra Malik, Susan Marqusee, Pamela Samuelson, David Miller and Hitoshi Murayama.
To talk about the academy, it has been revealed that it is a research center, which works independently. Its members come from different walks of life and can be of different professions and disciplines.
The induction makes the chosen professors to make regular contributions to the academy. As per which, researchers will be taking part in researches and will also help in publishing the studies carried out in different fields.
"Being inducted is an affirmation of my work in statistics, and it is also a recognition of my collaborators, including students and postdocs, through the recognition of our joint work", said Yu.
It has now been revealed that there are total 234 professors as members of the academy. Experts suggest that the selection indicates about the strength of an institution that also works as a research centre. For inductees, Berkeley is a great example of collaboration between private and public sectors.
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording
- Google releases Chromecast SDK to general public
- Dell unveils new $129 device that brings Android OS to any TV or display with HDMI input