Top US airline industry group Airlines for America has predicted a pickup in air passengers in summer this year.
As per the industry group’s prediction, nearly 209 million people will travel using country’s carriers starting June through August. The projected figure represents a growth of 1 per cent from the corresponding period of the previous year.
The projected figure includes as many as 27 million international travelers, which is a record number for the US airlines industry for the concerned period.
Chief economist John Heimlich, of the industry group, attributed the projected growth to the US carriers’ international competitiveness as well as their capability to tap emerging markets.
Speaking on the topic, Heimlich said, “Our carriers' international competitiveness and their ability to tap emerging markets, where GDP growth rate is outpacing the U.S. or outpacing some of the European countries, is really what it is all about.”
A few days back, Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines announced that projections for an improvement in revenue for the month of May, after slowdown in the months of March and April.
The summer period of the year is typically a strong business period for airlines as people go on holidaymaking or vacations.
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK