Grandfather-to-be Prince Charles officially opened the Marsh Lane site yesterday. The Prince of Wales met the pop band, including Frankie, 23. Prince Charles will become a grandfather for the first time next month as Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, will give birth to her first child with Prince William.
The Royal also officially opened "home away from home" for families of soldiers being treated at the nearby Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in Edgbaston.
He cut the ribbon of the Fisher House, a state-of-the-art building, which costs £4.2 million. It has 18 spacious bedrooms and is completely different from the old site. He also met one of the soldiers, Andy Reid, his wife Claire and their son William of six months.
A partnership was formed by the hospital's official charity, help for Heroes and American Charity Fisher House Foundation to build the home.
Kelly Gemmell, 32, of Essex, and her daughters Mia and Isabelle are also staying there. He husband Stuart, 35, is getting treatment at the QE.
Mia was celebrating her sixth birthday. Kelly said, "Prince Charles said `happy birthday' to Mia and said it was on the same day as his son Prince William. He also asked about my husband and his treatment".
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits