As per recent reports, it has been revealed that a 23 million-year-old lizard has been found in Chiapas, Mexico. It was found in a fossilized amber deposit, said Francisco Riquelme from the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
It has been said that the lizard belongs to a new species of the genus Anolis. This genus is said to be having 400 subtypes. While providing information about the lizard, Riquelme was of the view that it is about 1.8 inches.
It is said that the specie to which lizard belongs to is quite adaptive. It shall also be noted that some of the species has a quality by which they are able to change their color as per their surroundings.
Study researchers were of the view that they have put the lizard on display at the Amber Museum. In order to know the age of the ancient lizard, the study resaerchers said that they assessed the amber deposit.
After knowing the date of the amber deposit, study researchers got to know the age of the ancient lizard which was some 23 million years ago. "A complete and articulated animal that also preserves remains of soft tissue and skin", said Riquelme about the specimen.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns