LG wants to try everything to make Samsung go out of limelight. It is now all set to bring a sequel to successful Optimus G on August 7 in New York City.
Optimus G2 is claimed to be LG's next generation flagship phone. The Seoul-based tech titan made an announcement earlier this year regarding the launch of Optimus G Pro in the market.
Media began to write about the phone soon after the announcement was made. Optimus G2 has 5.5 inch full HD Display.
LG Display is a subsidiary of LG Electronics. It announced last week that it is the world's slimmest Full HD panel for smartphones.
According to LG Display, the maximum brightness of this panel stands at 535nits. This Full HD LCD panel is the slimmest and narrowest and easily trounced other Full HD panels.
According to sources close to the Wall Street Journal, LG will use a 5.2-inch display that has 1,920 x 1,080 pixels resolution. G2 is the official name of LG's next generation flagship phone. The invite which was sent to local American media read "Great 2 Have You".
A report by GSM revealed the achievement of LG Optimus G. The sale of the phone was a success. However, it was very less when compared to the sale of Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone
- Acer unveils its first touchscreen Chromebook – the $300-priced C720P
- Microsoft’s launch-day sales of Xbox One surpass 1 million units