As per a shocking revelation, it has been unveiled that a significant rise has been witnessed in dating violence. The study was carried out by a group of researchers from the Center for Innovative Public Health Research in California.
Study researchers were of the view that one in three US teens have indulged into dating violence. Not only has this, the Growing Up with Media study, also uncovered that around similar US teens has committed relationship violence as well.
In order to reach at the above given result, study researchers have assessed data collected from 1,058 youths between 2011 and 2012. Average age of youngsters who were part of the study was from 14 years to 20 years.
According to study researchers, teen dating violence was considered in terms of physical, sexual, psychological and emotional abuse.
It may sound shocking, but it was found that girls were equally found to be perpetrators as victims when it came to violence. Among girls, 41% were found to be victimized and 35% were found to be perpetrators.
In the case of boys, 37% were found to be both, that is perpetrator and victim and other 29% were found to be just perpetrator, said study researchers.
- Dell set to introduce its Dell Chromebook 11
- LG announces $349-priced G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally