Online retailer Expansys, which has opened the Nokia Lumia 1020 handset for pre-order, has apparently leaked the UK availability date and retail price of the device ahead of any official announcement.
According to Expansys, the Nokia Lumia 1020 - which boasts the much-raved-about 41-megapixel camera - will be launched on September 5; at a fairly high cost of £599.99 SIM-free.
If the information outed by Expansys is accurate, the Nokia Lumia 1020 - equipped with the highest resolution sensor ever in a smartphone - will probably be the most expensive handset in Nokia's Lumia series of devices.
However, though the Lumia 1020 will be available at a subsidised contract price also, that price has thus far not been listed either by Nokia or any of the leading networks. There has also been no official announcement about the release date of the handset, to confirm whether or not the date hinted by Expansys is correct.
Nonetheless, with the hefty price-tag of the Lumia 1020 smartphone already being widely expected, given its highly impressive features, many consumers are seemingly waiting for the launch of the handset chiefly because of the superlative image capabilities it will reportedly offer, thanks to its 41-megapixel camera.
- Dell set to introduce its Dell Chromebook 11
- LG announces $349-priced G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally