Recently, online coupon service Groupon reported about its quarterly profits. The results have been made available and they exhibit the fact that the services managed to match the expectations.
The company offers a number of services to its consumers. It lends a good opportunity for consumers to prepay for discounted goods and services.
Updates unveil that the company has appointed Eric Lefkofsky as its CEO. It has also named co-interim CEO Ted Leonsis chairman, Lefkofsky as the co-interim CEO. Earlier, Groupon's original CEO Andrew Mason had resigned from his position. So, the appointments were expected to follow. Lefkofsky is 44-year-old and has been among the core members of Groupon.
According to Thomas White of Macquarie Research, progress depends on the manner in which the consumers look at the installation of Eric Lefkofsky as permanent CEO. Till now, according to him, there has been visible progress in this regard.
In case of mobile category, during second quarter almost 50% of Groupon's North American transactions were made on mobile. This witnessed a jump from 30% a year ago. In the first quarter, Groupon had 45% of its transactions in North America on mobile. Here again there was a jump from 30% in the year-ago period.
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone