The co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) told that the changing climate is threat to our planet.
It was found that temperatures were expected to be increased from 0.3 and 4.8 degree Celsius (0.5 to 8.6 Fahrenheit) by the late 21st century. It was declared in a report by the IIPC.
The world sea levels may rise from 26 to 82 cm (10 to 32 inches) by the late 21st century. This was due to melting of ice and an expansion of water as it warms. This poses a danger to coastal cities all over the world.
On Friday, Climate scientists declared that they think it is "extremely likely" that warming of the Earth's climate is caused by humans.
The level of confidence regarding climatic changes of IPCC has been constantly raised. According to them, nearly 95% of change in climate this year is man-made. It ranges from 90% in 2007 and 66% in 2001.
John Christy, a famous climate scientist and director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) included 73 computer models in their study to record observations related to changing climate. It was found that observations recorded on June 1, 2013 exceeded the observed warming of the tropical atmosphere over last 34 years.
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone