Two professional chefs competed with each other in a Liverpool Yacht Club bake-off competition as part of the World's Biggest Coffee Morning fundraising event conducted by Macmillan's Cancer Support.
In the battle for baking supremacy, Laura Worthington, who runs Laura's little bakery, competed with fine dining chef Adam Franklin of the Liverpool Yacht club.
Macmillan Cancer Support organizes the World's Biggest Coffee Morning even every year to raise funds/donations to support ongoing battle against the widening problem of cancer.
The jury, which included Lord Mayor Gary Millar, announced that Laura had slightly inched past Adam to grab victory.
Announcing Laura's victory, Lord Millar said, "Well done to Laura for winning and Adam you were amazing as well. Macmillan does a fantastic job of providing cancer support, and a lot of money has been raised today by the big coffee morning."
Macmillan Cancer Support uses the World's Biggest Coffee Morning event to encourage people to hold a coffee morning, where participants give donations for the noble cause. Last year, a whopping 115,000 people participated in the event and raised £15 million to help Macmillan fight back the deadly disease.
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone