As per a new report by the researchers, amount of chemicals present in food and household items could cause double the risk of miscarriage to pregnant women.
The pregnant women are being warned by scientists to avoid the use of canned food and the touching of cash register receipts. The scientists said that the pregnant women must not eat foods in plastic containers.
The scientists from the prestigious Stanford University in California conducted a survey and found that the pregnant women have highest level of chemical bisphenol A (BPA) in their blood. They said about 80% of the ladies with the amount of chemical in their blood are under the risk of miscarriage.
The scientists measured the amount of chemicals in the plastics items along with the water bottles, sunglasses and CD cases.
Dr. Ruth Lathie, lead researcher, said women must avoid BPA exposure in order to remove one potential risk factor of miscarriage. He said the pregnant women must avoid use of plastic items like eating or warming of food in plastic containers. This will lead to leak out of chemicals from the plastic items, resulting in a cause of miscarriage.
It has been revealed by scientists that the miscarriages are very common in the UK as one in three women is suffering with the same problem.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone