Discuss being spoiled. Perth Zoo's 56-year-old Asian elephant Tricia is getting 25 moment back and shoulder rubs twice every day utilizing an exceptionally composed back rub cushion generally utilized on steeds.
Tricia initially landed at Perth from Singapore in 1963 and is the longest serving Zoo occupant.
Perth Zoo Senior Vet Dr Simone Vitali said he trusted the back rubs might starve off the throbbing painfulness of seniority as the elephant steps towards her nightfall years.
Dr Vitali said, "The elephant managers gradually acquainted the back cushion with Tricia giving her opportunity to get accustomed to it first without the vibration. Notwithstanding they are utilizing it twice a day for 25 minutes and utilize the leg unit for 10 minutes on every leg."
Also, it is not just back rub keeping Tricia fit as a fiddle. Her social insurance program likewise incorporates consistent teeth and gum cleaning and behavioural improvement.
Profound tissue knead increments dissemination and lymph seepage, unwinding of muscles and expanded joint versatility.
The vibrating back cushion might be set on her hips and her shoulder region and there is likewise a vibrating wrap around unit for her legs.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits