Biotech Company VolitionRx has publicized results of their latest development. They have developed a blood test for bowel cancer and is said the test is able to detect 85% of the cases.
Not only this, it has also been said the test is able to detect 50% of the polyps that can become cancer later. It is said that the test is quite effective and will be available in Europe by 2015.
“Over 90% of cases are treatable if caught early, so it's vital that more people are diagnosed at an early stage. The aim of finding a diagnostic blood test is an important one”, affirmed Mark Flannagan, CE of Beating Bowel Cancer.
He affirmed that they quite happy to know about the research findings. As per him, more research is needed on the matter and they will await the results of such studies when carried out at larger trials.
To talk about current method used in the NHS to detect bowel cancer, then it is the faecal occult blood test. The samples taken from the stool are then evaluated and result is unveiled as whether or not further tests, which include colonoscopy, are required.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone