A complex network of genes has been discovered by scientists, which has the ability to control the cycles of hair growth.
According to the researchers, this new discovery or findings can serve as a very useful tool to reverse baldness and retreating hairline.
Some important factors have been described that by the researchers from University of Southern California.
These factors, according to these scientists, determine when hair grows, when it stops growing and when it falls out.
The researchers, Kobielak, Eve Kandyba and colleagues, have analyzed as well as focused on stem cells located in hair follicles (hfSCs). These researchers claim these stem cells are able to regenerate hair follicles as well as skin in human body.
According to the researchers, these hfSCs are controlled as well as governed by the signaling pathways BMP and Wnt. The researchers also explain that pathways BMP and Wnt are groups of molecules that function together in order to control cell formations and functioning. These functions include the cycles of hair growth, according to researchers.
Sources revealed that the research focuses on how the gene Wnt7b activates the growth of hair. It is also claimed by the scientists that without the presence of Wnt7b, hair are much shorter in length.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns