Intel Faced a Hacker Attack at the Same Time Attacks were Launched on Google
Intel, the world’s largest semiconductor chip maker, revealed that it had been the target of a cyber attack in January at the same time when sophisticated attack was targeted on Google.
Intel spokesman Chuck Mulloy said the time is the only connection. The company first announced the attack and saw the similarity in timing of the attack on Google in a yearly filing with the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Google whispered in January that it too had been the victim of a cyber attack. According to Google, the attack was planned by China which targeted Gmail users who are human rights activists. Google has announced that the attack did not cause any damage to its reputation.
"Companies are facing these threats and attacks all the time”, said Fred Pinkett, Vice President of product management for Core Security Technologies.
According to the analyst, current changes in laws and increased awareness of cyber-security may have driven Intel to come clean. But Intel still did not reveal any information that who was behind the attacks, or from where they originated, if any had been taken. Although, Intel contended that timing of the attack was coincidental that targeted its networks.
United Kingdom News
- Most Popular Card Games on Indian Online Casino
- US presidential election shatters political betting records as Brits trade £600M through Betfair
- Elon Musk’s “25 guns” to be assigned with task to fix Tesla Gigafactory Berlin
- Austrian skydiver Peter Salzmann tests BMW’s 300 km/h electric wingsuit
- Voro Motors EMOVE Cruiser comes loaded with numerous unique features