Co-Founders of Activision Sue the Company
Jason West and Vince Zampella, co-founders of Activision's Infinity Ward studio, which helped in generating some of the most successful games in the history, have filed a suit against their former Mother Ship, Activision Blizzard, for firing them. Both the developers have filed a suit in Superior Court of Los Angeles, claiming violation of contract and wrongful termination.
According to the copy of the complaint, they ask for $36 million and control over "Modern Warfare", which is a subset of the "Call of Duty" combat games.
"Activision terminated their employment weeks before they were to be paid substantial royalty payments as part of their existing contracts for `Modern Warfare 2'", wrote West and Zampella's lawyers in a statement at O'Melveny & Myers LLP.
The company has not commented yet. On Nasdaq, Activision grew 16 cents to $10.97 yesterday.
United Kingdom News
- Mass market crucial for Macau Casino Industry’s recovery: Bernstein Analysts
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research