Villegas Makes Through the Third Round 67
Camilo Villegas, a 28-year-old native of Medellin, Colombia, made it through the third-round 67 (six birdies, three bogeys) with no trouble to move to 11-under 199.
Villegas holds a three-stroke lead over Australia's Nathan Green and Fiji's Vijay Singh, the winner of the 1999 Honda Classic, after three rounds.
Villegas had grabbed the second round co-leader position last week in Phoenix, however, he shot 1-over in the third round to drop four shots off the lead.
He had another 1-over in the final round and finished tied for eighth. "Golf tournaments are four days," Villegas said.
"So with that said, you have just got to keep doing what got to put four good rounds together and see what happens at the end."
Also, it is revealed that he shot 3-under-par 67 on a wind-blown Saturday at PGA National post to a pair of 66s to open the tournament, taking a three-shot edge over Australia's Nathan Green (67 on Saturday) and 47-year-old Vijay Singh of Fiji.
United Kingdom News
- Arrival Limited to set up e-vehicles "microfactory" in South Carolina
- Two top executives want complete overhaul of Sweden’s allegedly failing gaming system
- Australian entertainment giant BTG inks new Megaways deal with Microgaming
- Philippines’ foreign POGO employment slashed 50% in first nine months of 2020: DOLE
- Gaming Giant Boyd Gaming Corporation announces nearly 300 layoffs