Companies Targeted by Apple's Lawsuits Might Receive Help from Microsoft, Report Speculates
A recent report has speculated that HTC, and all other mobile phone manufacturers and vendors, who have been targeted by Apple's legal suits over patent infringements, might be able to find some help from Microsoft.
A report on Tuesday has hinted that the lawsuit that has been slapped by Apple on HTC, over the latter infringing patents of the iPhone in the Nexus One, might just be an overshot as HTC was actually the first to start working with the Android platform, and has been more than eager to embrace the same during its emergence as an alternative to the iPhone.
The rattle created by Apple is now leading to other OEMs to reconsider their plans with the Android, and this might indirectly help Microsoft gain more partners for its latest Windows Phone 7 Series.
"Our checks indicate that Microsoft has been quick to sniff out this burgeoning opportunity and has begun to aggressively promote the strength of its own IP portfolio, as well as its willingness to join battle with customers that come under IP attack", the report says.
United Kingdom News
- UK electric car adoption pace not quick enough to meet government targets: Study
- Honda, KTM, Piaggio & Yamaha set up swappable battery consortium
- ACC to receive €437 million to build battery gigafactory
- European plug-in car registrations jump 237% year-over-year in Q2 2021
- Zapp i300 e-scooter available in Germany, with price tag of €6,300