First photos of new Mercedes E Class
Stuttgart - Detailed photographs of the new Mercedes E Class, set to launch at next year's Geneva Motor Show, have been revealed showing a redesigned front with trapezoidal headlights stretching into the fenders and edgy design elements found in the C Class.
The images, published by Germany's auto-motor-sport magazine, are more detailed than spy shots recently posted on the internet.
The rear end reveals modified taillights on a higher boot lid, giving it more luggage space than the predecessor.
The new E Class is some seven centimetres longer than the previous model and the wheelbase has increased by two centimetres.
Some of the features include lane assist, a sensor warning the driver of exhaustion, traffic recognition system, knee airbags and night vision as found in the current S Class, according to the auto- motor-sport report.
Mercedes is expected to equip the new model range with the fuel- efficient new V6 and V8 engines.
The top model, the E63 AMG will be fitted with the 6.3-litre V8 engine with an output of 500 horsepower.
The diesels are to be powered with the 2.2-litre V6 Biturbo units, the report said. (dpa)
United Kingdom News
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high
- UK Betting industry enjoys £1 billion tax rebate
- American Gaming Association urges President Trump to revise tax threshold on slots
- Careful planning must for Casinos to bounce back from COVID-19 pandemic: Experts
- German Government agrees to Lufthansa Package