Reynolds to Provide Smoking Alternatives like Strips, Lozenges, Snuff
The unavoidable decline of the cigarette sales has led Reynolds to transform itself into a company which also provides a wide range of alternatives to smoking which include strips, lozenges and snuff.
Though, the use of oral forms of tobacco has raised debates among public-health professionals. The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids have not favored Reynolds' dissolvable products and termed them as nicotine candies designed to tempt the children.
Food and Drug Administration has asked Reynolds to provide its research into how the dissolvable products are used and perceived by people 25 and younger, by Thursday, Dr. Lawrence Deyton, Director of the agency's Center for Tobacco Products shared that the FDA is concerned that that adolescents may be drawn to such kind of products.
To which Reynolds replied that it is cooperating and that its products are marketed for adults only and they are sealed in child-proof packaging. Ms. Ivey, the company's 51 year-old CEO, said, “I believe these products can drive our sustainability into the future. Having a forward vision is important”.
She is banking on support from scientists and public-health professionals who affirm that more lives could be saved if smokers are encouraged to switch to smokeless tobacco.
United Kingdom News
- Most Popular Card Games on Indian Online Casino
- US presidential election shatters political betting records as Brits trade £600M through Betfair
- Elon Musk’s “25 guns” to be assigned with task to fix Tesla Gigafactory Berlin
- Austrian skydiver Peter Salzmann tests BMW’s 300 km/h electric wingsuit
- Voro Motors EMOVE Cruiser comes loaded with numerous unique features