The Lighter, Faster LP570-4 Superleggera by Lamborghini
Last year, Sir Richard Branson had shared that in about "two or three years", there is a good chance that we could all be astronauts on his SpaceShipTwo, and some believe that the biggest appeal of traveling in sub-orbital space is weightlessness.
The Lamborghini people seem to believe this too, and the concept seems to be at work in the company's latest LP570-4 Superleggera which is 70 kilos lighter than its predecessor, the LP560-4. This is equivalent to almost nulling the weight of the car's driver.
The fact that the car will be faster, thanks to it being lighter, does not really have to be mentioned.
The company has insisted that despite the new and lighter design, the Superleggera is as fit for daily use as the regular Gallardo is.
The light weight of the new offering can entirely be attributed to the use of a thinner front windscreen. Also. instead of glass for the rear windscreen and quarter windows, polycarbonate has been used. The alloy wheels are also about 130 kilos lighter.
Under the hood, the LP570-4 boasts a 5.2-liter V10 engine and it has been tweaked to make 10bhp more than the power offered by the LP560-4.
United Kingdom News
- Tesla voids warranty if EV’s battery pack is used to power home
- France reportedly looking to relax geographical restrictions to allow smaller cities to host casinos
- BMW aims to swing back to pre-pandemic operating margin of 8-10%
- Scania reveals plans to launch full-size 40-ton capacity long-range electric truck
- Tesla’s all-electric Model Y earns 5-star score in NHTSA crash tests