WA Suspends All Flu Vaccination
The Western Australian Government is revealed to have suspended all flu vaccinations related to children under the age of five, while it carries the investigation process of a rise in admissions to Princess Margaret Hospital in Perth.
The Health Minister, Kim Hames, uncovers that till now, 45 children have been admitted in the hospital and are suffering from high temperatures and febrile convulsions after receiving the vaccination.
In addition, he extended a public health warning tonight, recommending parents to properly monitor children under five who had been vaccinated in the last 12 hours.
However, the presence of a direct association between the flu vaccination and the soaring rate of children suffering with high temperatures is not known. However, the State Government reveals that it must err on the side of caution.
He advised to administer the desired dose of paracetamol in case a child gets high fever. Parents should only take children to hospital if their condition worsens, he posted.
"If it's longer than 12 hours ago then there is no risk," he quoted. "But if it's in the last 12 hours they should make sure that they give their child paracetamol and then take every effort to make sure that the temperature of their child is settled."
United Kingdom News
- Tesla voids warranty if EV’s battery pack is used to power home
- France reportedly looking to relax geographical restrictions to allow smaller cities to host casinos
- BMW aims to swing back to pre-pandemic operating margin of 8-10%
- Scania reveals plans to launch full-size 40-ton capacity long-range electric truck
- Tesla’s all-electric Model Y earns 5-star score in NHTSA crash tests