Plastic Surgery Helps a Man Talk and Eat Again
Around 3 months ago, Dr. Nitin Paney, who used to deliver lectures, shouted slogans and transplanted trees, was detected with tongue cancer of the second stage.
Because of this disease, he could not speak properly therefore doctors had to cut half of his tongue which had the deadly cancer cells. Whereas after his plastic surgery he got his new tongue back and was able to speak. It took
10 hours for his surgery to get completed.
"Generally people chewing tobacco and tobacco products suffer from tongue cancer. But Pandey was unfortunate that he caught the disease without using tobacco. We had to perform a surgery to remove his left half of the tongue", said Dr. Vedant Kabra, consultant surgical oncologist at the hospital.
Dr Sunil Choudhary, director of the department of aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery at Max hospital said that the reconstruction of the tongue was done from his forearm tissue. He also mentioned that after the major surgery a micro surgery was also done to join the tissues of the left over part of the tongue.
United Kingdom News
- Arrival Limited to set up e-vehicles "microfactory" in South Carolina
- Two top executives want complete overhaul of Sweden’s allegedly failing gaming system
- Australian entertainment giant BTG inks new Megaways deal with Microgaming
- Philippines’ foreign POGO employment slashed 50% in first nine months of 2020: DOLE
- Gaming Giant Boyd Gaming Corporation announces nearly 300 layoffs